Saturday, February 2, 2013

Making and Sharing



We are makers. Not Makers in the sense that we can make something from nothing, Ex Nihilo, like God creating the Universe, but we humans have this intense desire to make things. Toolmakers. Craftsmen. Artisans.

I make gear. I've been doing it since I read Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine, about 12 years ago. He inspired me to make a sleeping quilt and backpack... so I did. I didn't even know how to thread a sewing machine, but I figured, it is just another power tool, right?

We humans also like to share. I want to share what I'm working on with you, and would love to hear about your projects. From time to time, I'll share links to some really cool projects by other people.

Bookmark this page for some cool ideas on gear for backpacking, cycling, paddling, snow sports, shooting and camping.

Making and sharing: Just two ways we share our Maker's image.

James

Mt 11:30

No comments:

Post a Comment